Pirelli presents P ZERO Race TLR and P ZERO Race TLR SL, tubeless-ready road tires that represent the spearhead of its line of tires dedicated to professional road racing and high-performance cycling.
Three years after the launch of its first clincher, the P ZERO Velo clincher, Pirelli completes its range with P ZERO Race TLR and P ZERO Race TLR SL, tubeless-ready road tires that are immediately positioned at the top of its line.
Developed in collaboration with two World Tour teams, the Mitchelton-SCOTT of the reigning RR world champion Annemiek Van Vleuten and the Trek-Segafredo of the reigning RR world champion Mads Pedersen and of Vincenzo Nibali, the new P ZERO Race TLR tires can call themselves World Tour Ready tires. Already in 2020, their official debut is expected in the races of the UCI top division.
Three years of study and engineering and over two years of road tests have led to the two new tubeless-ready P ZEROs.
• P ZERO Race TLR is an all-around tire, ideal in competition as well as in training. It’s almost a four-season tire, with a TLR casing reinforced by Pirelli TechWALL+ technology. It offers excellent grip, high smoothness and, above all, great puncture protection, at a low weight. The whole is seasoned with the typical, unique, easy handling of the tubeless tires.
• P ZERO Race TLR SL is dedicated to lovers of pure performance, those for whom the road is always a ribbon, fast and super smooth, where even fractions of a second count. It is designed to offer the key advantages of tubeless technology, from grip to smoothness, emphasizing speed and handling at the highest levels. It is the lightest and most performing tire ever produced by Pirelli in its range dedicated to cycling.
SmartEVO: THE MOST ADVANCED COMPOUND
Pirelli’s new tubeless-ready tires were made with SmartEVO, an innovative compound that’s an evolution of the original SmartNET. The knowledge and expertise of the company in the production of ultra-high-performance compounds for racing tires is a recognized asset, which also makes use of over 110 years of sporting wins. SmartEVO is therefore the latest creation of Pirelli chemists and uses three different polymers, each of which provides specific performance, ensuring a perfect balance of opposite characteristics. SmartEVO offers extremely balanced behaviors: the new ternary blend of latest generation polymers guarantees “intelligent” performance, resulting in better grip on dry and wet surfaces, very low rolling resistance and superior comfort.
The new P ZERO RACE TLR and P ZERO RACE TLR SL are supplied in the following sizes:
- P ZERO Race TLR 700x24C
- P ZERO Race TLR 700x26C
- P ZERO Race TLR 700x28C
- P ZERO Race TLR 700x30C
- P ZERO Race TLR SL 700x24C
- P ZERO Race TLR SL 700x26C
- P ZERO Race TLR SL 700x28C
Pirelli’s tubeless-ready road tires will be available in the best cycling shops and online, in the EMEA, NAFTA and APAC markets, starting from 28 July 2020.