Michelin North America is launching a new all-season, heavy-duty tire for light truck applications: the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tire.
This tire was designed specifically for ¾- and 1-ton pick-up trucks and vans used in commercial applications, as well as for European van platforms that have become increasingly popular in the North American market.
“Today’s local fleets demand a product to meet their specific commercial needs, and the Agilis CrossClimate tire is our most durable tire for heavy-duty light trucks and for lighter commercial applications,” said Adam Murphy, vice president of B2B marketing for Michelin. “Through engineering and innovation, Michelin has developed a tire that lasts longer under heavy loads, and also offers shorter wet-stopping distances and better snow traction than other leading competitive commercial tires.”
These vehicles are seen increasingly in applications such as:
- Local and parcel delivery fleets
- Food and beverage and temperature-controlled vehicles
- Telecom and utility fleets
- Trades, including landscaping, plumbing, electrical, HVAC, pest control and other trade fleets
Available starting April 1 in the United States and Canada, the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate tire is available in 16 light-truck (LT) sizes for passenger-vehicle platforms such as the Ford F-Series, Ford Econoline, Chevrolet Express, Chevrolet Silverado, GMC Sierra, Dodge Ram 2500 and Mercedes Sprinter. Five C-Metric sizes are available for lighter-duty commercial vehicles such as the Ford Transit, Ram ProMaster and Nissan NV200. Responding to the wide-ranging demands for these vehicles in last-mile delivery and urban or suburban commercial uses, the Michelin Agilis CrossClimate features these exceptional benefits:
- Durability over extended mileage
- Towing and hauling heavy loads with confidence
- Improved protection from impacts, punctures and aggressions
- All-weather (or all-season) performance for year-round rough work conditions, as well as wet braking in high-stress applications