Mickey Thompson announced that it’s new Baja Boss extreme Mud Terrain Tire will feature the company’s new PowerPly XD 3-ply sidewall construction technology. The company said the tire will be 150 thicker sidewall construction than off-road tires currently available.
“We’re pleased to unleash the Baja Boss for the most demanding off-road applications,” said Ken Warner, Vice President of Marketing Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels. “With additional sizes for today’s leveled and lifted truck applications, the Baja Boss is an aggressive, high-impact tire that definitely ups the cool factor of any 4×4.”
The Baja Boss, which received two Global Media Awards at SEMA 2018, will be available in 18 high load-carrying capacity sizes from 17 to 24 inches for a variety of light truck and SUV models—with 18 additional sizes coming later — an asymmetrical tread pattern design gives the Baja Boss the look and feel of an off-road beast.
Meanwhile, PowerPly XD technology improves handling and puncture resistance and enhances sidewall durability, while the large four-pitch Sidebiters pattern provides additional off-road traction.
• Asymmetric Tread Pattern Design: Reduces noise, improves handling and on-center feel, and reduces side-slip.
• Deep & Wide Voids: Enhance off-road traction and forward bite with a functional, aggressive appearance.
• Stone Ejector Ribs: Prevent stones being wedged into tread grooves, reduce stone retention, and help resist stone drilling.
• Angled Shoulder Scallops: Designed for ultimate traction and self-cleaning ability, they guide mud and loose soil out of the tread pattern with exposed trailing elements for larger biting edges.
• Mud Scoops: Provide a concave surface for mud traction and help create a void to prevent mud from clinging to the elements.
• Silica-Reinforced Compound: Provides on-road tread wear, cut and chip resistance, and improved wet handling and braking performance.
• Black Sidewall Lettering: Deep embossed and chamfered.
“With aggressive sizing and load ranges developed for today’s popular and extreme leveled/lifted applications, the Baja Boss is ready for any adventure,” Warner notes. “Off-roaders are going to fall in love with this tire’s looks, performance and adaptability to any terrain.”