Hercules Tires and TIS Wheels announced the launch of its new co-branded premium Utility Terrain Vehicle (UTV) tire, the TIS UT1 by Hercules. It is the first UTV tire to be offered by Hercules Tires and will be available Q1 2022.
The new UTV tire addresses a growing, niche market for consumers who need the ability to drive “off-road” in a variety of settings, such as sand, silt, loose rocks, gravel, dirt and soil surface terrains. The TIS UT1 by Hercules has an aggressive max all-terrain tread pattern specifically designed for UTV/SxS vehicles that are driven in these settings. With a balanced void ratio and innovative biting edges on the tread blocks, the eight-ply rated TIS UT1 by Hercules is designed for work or recreation and offers excellent traction in a variety of surface elements. The tire is also unique in that it offers a dual buttress design that allows consumers to cost effectively customize the look of their UTV with two different sidewall designs on one tire.
“Introducing a new UTV tire fits Hercules Tires strategy of expanding our portfolio to continue to be the “one-stop shop” for consumers seeking a replacement tire,” says Josh Simpson, senior vice president of Hercules Tires. “Not only are consumers continuing to look for a tire that will confidently match the performance of their vehicle regardless of the terrain, but more and more consumers want to customize their vehicles and require a tire that will compliment the look and personality of their vehicle as well. These tires provide the ability to create a custom user experience.”
The decision to collaborate with the off-road division of TIS Wheels, one of the most recognized brands in the wheel industry, on the tire’s design and features enables Hercules to set itself apart from competitors. “We wanted to partner with a brand like TIS who is a marketing powerhouse that could help us develop a quality product and also combine marketing efforts that will create a buzz with consumers ultimately driving traffic to retail locations,” says Simpson.
TIS Wheels via it’s TIS OFFROAD brand is taking its off-road wheel expertise into the UTV/ATV market with two new UTV/ATV wheel styles available in seven finishes at launch. The 558 is a mesh style wheel available in satin black, anthracite gray, bronze and gloss black with milled accents. The 559 is an aggressive concave 8-spoke design available in bronze, anthracite gray and satin black.
Hercules Tires will provide the new UTV tire to retailers to help them meet the needs of the casual enthusiasts. Because UTV tires are for all-terrain surfaces, they can be sold year-round. It will be marketed to address the needs of consumers in different regions.
Key features of the new tire include:
- Aggressive maximum all-terrain tread pattern specifically designed for UTV/SxS vehicles. The 8-ply rated TIS UT1 by Hercules is best used for sand, silt, loose rocks, gravel, dirt and soil surface terrains.
- Applications: UCV, RUV, SRV
- Balanced void ratio and innovative biting edges on the tread blocks offer excellent traction in a variety of surface elements
- Dual buttress design with extended bolstered shoulder lugs allowing for user customization and added sidewall impact resistance
- Center and intermediate tread block design provides superior grip and envelop rocks and other objects when riding on rugged trails
- Sophisticated scalloped shoulder lug design incorporating elongated stone ejectors to effectively reduce stone retention and drilling
- Inclined deep and wide groove enhancing traction performance and maximize debris cleaning capability
- Dual compound between tread and shoulder areas to maximize tread life and rock crawling performance
- Optimized footprint and tread design creates lateral stability, maximum handling, and confidence in control during acceleration and braking