Hercules Tires announced it has expanded its Avalanche Winter tire line with the launch of the Avalanche TT.
The new Avalanche TT replaces the Avalanche X-treme LT and is designed specifically for medium to heavy duty pickup trucks, larger SUVs and cargo vans.
Manufactured in the U.S., the studdable Avalanche TT offers marked improvement in snow and ice traction and a substantially quieter ride than its predecessor.
Being “snowed in” is a thing of the past with the Avalanche TT thanks to its state-of-the-art Snow Grip Technology comprised of proprietary design features that work together to get drivers through winter’s extreme conditions. Features of the tire include:
- Snow Grabber Grooves specifically designed to help trap and hold snow, delivering critical snow-on-snow traction when it’s needed most.
- Center rib tie bars that create consistent feedback to the driver for a more stable feel.
- Thin gauge, full-depth siping and greater sipe density create more biting edges to help grab snow and ice.
- Silica tread compound allows better grip on ice while remaining pliable in cold climates for responsive handling and increased wet traction.
- Optimized tire profile and void to rubber ratio tuned to make smooth, even contact with the road for a quiet, comfortable ride.
“Winter weather can be challenging for drivers, so we designed a winter tire specifically for the light truck market that offers a significant improvement in performance over all-season tires when temperatures fall near or below freezing” said Steven Liu, senior director of proprietary brands. “The Snow Grip Technology and 3PMS designation of the Avalanche TT make it a confident choice for families navigating their way to the ski slopes, essential workers making deliveries in cargo vans or snowplow contractors clearing roads in snow, slush and ice.”
The Avalanche TT offers 23 sizes from 16 to 22 inch and rounds out the Avalanche line also comprised of the Avalanche RT for passenger cars, crossovers and compact SUVs and the Avalanche XUV geared to CUV’s and mid-size SUV’s. When combined the Avalanche family will offer 81 SKU’s all backed by the Hercules Performance Promise Plan that provides drivers peace of mind with Road Hazard Coverage, a 45-day “Trust our Ride” satisfaction trial and Workmanship and Materials coverage. Opening orders will be accepted starting in April with the tires delivered to the market beginning in September.