Continental EcoContact 6 summer tire and WinterContact TS 860 S winter tires have been chosen as original equipment for the new BMW 4 series.
The EcoContact 6 summer tires in 17 and 18-inches sizes have been approved. The WinterContact TS 860 S winter tires in 18 and 19-inches sizes have been approved for the cold season. All tires have the XL marking for increased load capacity.
The EcoContact 6 was specially developed for low fuel consumption and high mileage. In addition to short braking distances, the efficient Continental tire offers, among other things, reliable grip and very good cornering stability even at high speeds.
The WinterContact TS 860 S combines snow performance and high safety reserves with steering precision. The winter tires supplied for the Munich-based automotive manufacturer are self-supporting run-flat tires. “In case of tire puncture, the reinforced sidewall prevents the side of the tire from becoming trapped between the road and the rim, thus preventing it from slipping off. This means that drivers with a damaged tire can still drive 80 kilometers to the nearest workshop,” says Dr. Holger Lange, who is responsible for tire development for Continental’s original equipment business.
Globally approved products and sizes for the new BMW 4 series:
- EcoContact 6, 225/45 R 18 95Y XL (excepted USA)
- EcoContact 6, 225/50 R 17 98Y XL
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 225/45 R18 95H XL (SSR)
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 225/45 R18 95V XL (SSR)
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 255/40 R18 99V XL (SSR)
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 225/40 R19 93H XL (SSR)
- WinterContact TS 860 S, 255/35 R19 96H XL (SSR)