Traction News Podcast 002: Scott Blair makes going mobile easy
2U Mobile Solutions provides turnkey tire service vehicles to help tire dealers — or anyone interested in getting into the tire industry —get on the road.
Traction News’ editor-in-chief Sarah Mitchell caught up with 2U founder Scott Blair at the SEMA Show in Las Vegas last month to talk about exactly what his vans offer.
You can listen to the podcast here:
Or you can read the Show Notes below:
Here are some key take-outs:
• 2U Mobile Solutions does not just provide Mercedes Sprinter vans, you get all the tools, too. It has a tire changer, balancer, repair station and enough room for an entire day’s inventory.
• It also comes with Tire Industry Association ATS-certified training, proprietary custom wheel and non-OE tire training, risk management solutions and onsite business development solutions as part of the package.
“I call it the Uber Effect. Our society is strapped to their telephones and apps. They push a button and a product or service can show up at their door. If you take that mentality… and what we’re being conditioned to do because of our smartphones… that’s a big benefit for our industry.” — Scott Blair
• The vans are ideal for dealers wanting to service three kinds of customers: traditional retail customers who enjoy convenience, fleet vehicle owners who don’t want to take a vehicle off the road while it’s serviced, and other automotive industry operators who need a specialist to provide tire-related services.
• Customer bookings are taken in advance so a large inventory of tires is not needed, which helps with cash flow.
“Because we are scheduling our installations usually 24 to 48 hours in advance, we don’t have to have a huge warehouse and $100,000 or $150,000 of capital tied up in inventory. With our solution… I can order just what I need in a just-in-time fashion.” — Scott Blair
• Scott is seeing interest not just from the tire industry — for businesses already in the industry — but from other people looking for a life change who might want to be their own boss and run their own business.
• It’s not a franchise model. Scott will help his customers build their brand, as though he were a franchisor, but without “taking that five percent each month.”
Here are the links you might need
• Scott’s website is here.
• Or you can call 844-868-1777.
• You can also visit the 2U Mobile Solutions Facebook page.
Have you heard the one about…
Last week Sarah spoke to tire distributors SD International. They were keen to talk to tire dealers interested in forging new partnerships. You can listen to that podcast here: