Pirelli P Zero Tires has been added to the new Hyundai Sonata following a complete redesign of the 2021 Sonata Model.
The 19-inch alloy wheels with 245/40 R19 Pirelli P Zer tires will now come as standard on the turbocharged SEL Plus trim. P-Zero All Season tires are for driving enthusiasts who want a combination of a performance appearance, responsive handling and durability along with all-season traction, including in light snow.
“The 19-inch wheels and tires make a beautiful looking car look and perform even better,” said Scott Margason, director of product planning, Hyundai Motor North America. “After listening to our early 2020 Sonata buyers, we were quickly able to add power height adjustment to the passenger seat on the Limited trim. In addition, across the lineup we’ve added Safe Exit Warning that gives drivers a second set of eyes to let them know if it’s safe to open the doors on the driver’s side of the vehicle when parallel parked on a busy city street.”
P-Zero All Season Tires Details
- Inner block winter siping technology improves snow traction performance (Siping is the process of cutting thin slits across the surface of a tire to improve traction for driving in snowy, wet or icy conditions)
- Variable size tread design minimizes noise inside the Sonata SEL Plus
- Circumferential grooves improve safety in aquaplaning situations
- Lateral siping to maximize cornering performance an dry grip while providing aquaplaning resistance
- The Pirelli Noice Cancelling System (PNCS) reduces the noise inside the vehicle thanks to a sound absorbing device applied to the inside circumferential wall of the tire