Mickey Thompson Tires unveils its first off-road use only tire designed to traverse even the most extreme terrain that today’s rock bouncing and mud bogging enthusiasts encounter. The Baja Pro X tire is on track to be the most aggressive off-road tire ever released by the company.
The Baja Pro X is for off-road use only, due in part to new design elements such as the sticky compound and innovative Treadbiter cleats which make the tire too aggressive for street use. The Baja Pro X model takes Mickey Thompson’s proven off-road tires to new heights with exclusive attributes and durability not found anywhere else. The tire is currently only available in size 43X14.50-17LT, with additional sizes planned in the future.
“We designed the Baja Pro X for extreme outdoor use: rock bouncing, mud bogging, deep mud, rock, snow, sand, dirt and gravel,” said Jason Moulton, Senior Product Development Manager for Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels. “After the Baja Pro X was named a runner up in the tire category of the 2018 SEMA New Product showcase and won a SEMA Global Media Award, we are more excited than ever to get the Baja Pro X out to our customers to test on the trail or mud bogs.”
• Sticky compound provides the ultimate grip on hard surfaces.
• Pro-Tech Construction adds extra flexibility while maintaining durability.
• Dual Decoupling Grooves provide additional flexibility on irregular surfaces.
• Treadbiter cleats provide extra biting edges across the tread for added traction.
• Serrated tread-regions indicate where pattern can be hand cut to allow for additional mud and loose surface traction while maintaining lateral stability & grip
• Mud scoops supply added cleaning power.
• Massive Sidebiters and angled shoulder scallops provide the ultimate traction and grip.
• Symmetric directional tread pattern provides excellent traction and cleaning power.