Mickey Thompson Tires & Wheels is adding two popular high-flotation sizes to its Baja ATZ P3 and Baja MTZ P3 off-road tire lines. The two sizes—35X12.50R17LT and 35X12.50R18LT—are both available in load range D, making them an excellent fit for lighter-duty applications including Jeeps and 1/2-ton-based pickups and SUVs.
“High-flotation tires are in high demand among off-road enthusiasts,” said Ken Warner, Vice President of Marketing for Mickey Thompson. “For lighter applications, these sizes are able to maintain original equipment load-carrying capabilities while still providing strength and flexibility without an overly harsh ride for excellent on- and off-road performance.”
The tires showcase Mickey Thompson’s proprietary compound and innovative design elements for versatile performance in any condition. Features include:
- Silica-reinforced tread compound for enhanced wet performance, cut/chip resistance, and longevity;
- PowerPly three-ply sidewall construction for sidewall protection and responsive handling;
- Four-pitch Sidebiter pattern that breaks up terrain for additional traction and protection (Baja MTZ P3);
- Decoupling groove that allows tread to conform to irregular surfaces and helps reduce heat (Baja MTZ P3);
- Self-cleaning high-void tread pattern and angled shoulder scallops that provide improved off-road traction (Baja MTZ P3), and;
- Variable draft angles and stone ejector ribs that reduce stone retention.
Higher load-carrying metric counterparts are still available for heavier-duty applications. For more information, visit http://www.mickeythompsontires.com/off-road/