Hercules Tires is expanding its sports sponsorship portfolio by being named an official corporate partner of the Hamilton Tiger-Cats of the Canadian Football League, the title sponsor of the Sun Belt Football Championship, and extending its title sponsorship of the Big South Conference’s for two years.
“Hercules Tires is excited to continue to grow our sport sponsorship portfolio with some of the top leagues in sports,” said Josh Simpson, Senior Vice President of Hercules Tires. “As we continue to expand our brand visibility beyond the tire industry, we are looking forward to joining forces and taking part in the excitement of the upcoming football and basketball season.”
The partnership with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats will feature:
- A portfolio of assets including on field signage, a digital sweepstakes, a social media content series and game day social media feature – the Hercules Performer of the Game.
- Broadcast and brand visibility with the ability to use the team’s primary and secondary marks throughout the broadcasts in advertising, promotions and merchandising.
Hercules’ multi-year agreement with the Sun Belt Conference marks one of the largest sponsorship agreements in Sun Belt history and includes:
- An integrated marketing presence throughout the year, allowing the brand to connect with alumni, fans, students, and employees of Sun Belt Schools at all conference championship events.
- The 2021 Hercules Tires Sun Belt Football Championship on Saturday, Dec. 4, which will air on ESPN. The game will feature the champions of the conference’s East and West Divisions and will be played at the site of the divisional winner with the best overall conference record.
Lastly, the Big South Conference’s extension continues a partnership that began in 2020. The multi-year extension marks one of the largest sponsorships in Big South history, with the following features:
- The 2022 and 2023 Hercules Tires Big South Men’s and Women’s Basketball Championships will held for the next two years in Charlotte, N.C. The 2022 Hercules Tires Big South Basketball Championships is scheduled for March 1-6, and will feature four games a day leading up to Championship Sunday on March 6. The women’s tournament will begin Tuesday, March 1 with first round games, while the men’s event begins Wednesday, March 2 with first round contests. The women’s quarterfinals are Thursday, March 3, followed by the men’s quarterfinals on Friday, March 4. Each championship semifinal round will be Saturday, March 5, with both championship contests set for Sunday, March 6. The official 2022 Hercules Tires Big South Basketball Championship brackets will be released at a later date.
- In addition to the title sponsorship, Hercules Tires will continue to have an integrated marketing presence, allowing the brand to ongoing connections with Big South alumni, fans, students, and employees at all conference championship events. Hercules Tires will also return as the title sponsor of the annual Big South Basketball Campus Tour.