Continental announced it will be presenting numerous innovations that reflect the three major trends at the Frankfurt Motor Show IAA in September 2019.
“Zero accidents, zero emissions and zero stress thanks to smart connectivity and convenience: this is what our pioneering technologies are helping to realize. Technology is our strength and is an area in which Continental has an outstanding level of expertise,” says Dr. Elmar Degenhart, chairman of the Continental Executive Board.
The company say its booth will highlight the summit’s tagline “Mobility is the heartbeat of Life” and will present innovations such as:
- The company will present the world’s first 48-volt full-hybrid drive.
- Continental will be the first supplier worldwide to start mass production of its highly integrated electric axle drive for a European large-scale manufacturer this year. You can discover all the details first-hand at the trade fair.
- A fully connected driving simulator at the booth will offer the opportunity to experience intelligent mobility of the future.
- Continental will showcase a new short-range radar designed to protect cyclists and pedestrians as well as its portfolio of central electronic control units and other vehicle surrounding sensors for assisted and automated driving.
- A robo-taxi equipped with Continental technology will be driving around the exhibition grounds during the IAA.
- Outlook on the smart, adaptable, sensor-equipped robo-taxi tire
- Electronic architecture of the future: prerequisite for automotive lifelong learning