Bridgestone will showcase its comprehensive portfolio that will address global mobility challenges at the 68th International Motor Show (IAA) in Frankfurt from September 14 to 22.
In response to CASE (Connected, Autonomous, Shared and Electric) and today’s global macro trends, Bridgestone is pioneering new products, technologies and mobility solutions to meet the evolving needs of drivers, fleets, partners and Original Equipment Manufacturers. Bridgestone is transforming from a tire producer to a mobility solutions leader by combining its tire industry expertise, leading strengths in R&D, a unique understanding of road users, and its developing digital capabilities.
Transforming to meet evolving needs
In response to the challenges now faced by road users, Bridgestone is pioneering a strong range of mobility solutions and digital applications that are helping meet its customers’ needs. Examples that can be discovered at the Bridgestone booth include:
- Bridgestone Connect – a leading-edge predictive maintenance solution that uses an embedded telematics dongle to monitor a vehicle’s key components, such as tyres, brakes, battery, engine oil and default signals, in real-time and flags any issues directly to a dedicated app.
- MOBOX – an all-inclusive monthly subscription service offering new tyres, full warranty and other premium vehicle-related services for an affordable price per month to allow consumers to keep their expenses under control.
- NEXTFLEET and WEBFLEET, both introduced to the Bridgestone portfolio following the acquisition of TomTom Telematics in April 2019.
- WEBFLEET – an award-winning fleet management solution. Servicing more than 50,000 customers worldwide, WEBFLEET provides real-time information on the location of individual vehicles, allows fleet managers to communicate directly with drivers, helps to improve driving behaviour and save fuel, all while connecting to an extensive ecosystem of third-party solutions.
- NEXTFLEET – the connected car solution from TomTom Telematics. Launched in 2018, NEXTFLEET is aimed at businesses that manage vehicles, as well as individual drivers. It provides tailored insights about contract management, vehicle maintenance, stolen vehicle tracking, accident management, and more, via an online portal, the MyCar app, as well as interfaces (APIs) that can be integrated with other third-party systems.
Pioneering the future of the tire
For Bridgestone, overcoming today’s mobility challenges and making the CASE future a reality isn’t just about developing digital solutions. The business is pioneering a range of new technologies to develop the tyre of the future and address these evolving demands. Here are Bridgestone’s tyre technologies that will be present at IAA 2019:
- Enliten – Bridgestone’s innovative lightweight tyre for reduced CO2 emissions and improved fuel efficiency. Enliten demonstrates a rolling resistance that is on average 20 percent better than a standard premium summer touring original fitment, and a reduction in weight that is 10 percent better, without performance trade off.
- B-Silent – a technology to minimise in-vehicle noise on all road surfaces to consequently increase comfort for the driver. B-Silent is engineered to meet the noise reduction demands of electric vehicles and increased urbanisation.
- Run-Flat Technology – part of our puncture solutions portfolio, Run-Flat Technology enables a tyre with zero air pressure to continue at speeds up to 80 km/h for 80 km, spearheading Bridgestone’s work in continuous mobility.
- B-Seal – also part of our puncture solutions portfolio, B-Seal is Bridgestone’s automatic sealant technology that guarantees air retention when nails, stones or other objects are embedded at up to 5mm in diameter in the tyre tread.
- ologic technology – technology engineered to lower rolling resistance, increase fuel efficiency and reduce CO2 emissions through two features: a large tyre diameter to reduce tyre contact with the road and a narrow tyre width to reduce aero-dynamic resistance.
Flagship products on display
Bridgestone’s flagship winter, summer and all-season tyres will also be on display at IAA 2019:
- Blizzak LM005 – the newly-launched Bridgestone Blizzak LM005 winter tyre gives drivers exceptional control and safety even in the wet, snow and on ice. The Blizzak LM005 is the highest rated winter tyre for wet braking and cornering in TÜV SÜD tests, and the first winter tyre to achieve EU Label A in wet grip for its full line-up.
- Turanza T005 – rated test winner in ADAC’s 2019 summer tyre test, with top grades on wet and dry roads, the Turanza T005 delivers best-in-class performance in the wet, excellent fuel efficiency and superior wear life.
- Weather Control A005 – Bridgestone’s first ever all-season touring tyre is engineered to meet the needs of consumers who are looking for year-round convenience, outstanding control and safety. The Weather Control A005 combines best-in-class EU label A grade in wet grip with qualified snow performance and superior wear life.
The Firestone line-up also on show
As well as the Bridgestone line-up, Firestone will also be represented at IAA 2019 with its following flagship winter, summer and all-season tyres on display:
- Winterhawk 3 – specifically engineered to deliver everything drivers need when driving on winter roads: balance, responsiveness and ultra-reliable handling that drivers can always count on.
- Roadhawk – awarded the top A-Grade EU label, Roadhawk offers best-in-class wet grip as well as best-in-class dry braking performance. If this wasn’t enough, it’s also engineered for a long-lasting, high-performance lifespan.
- Multiseason GEN 02 – designed to raise performance and value, the newly-launched second generation of Multiseason is built to perform in all weather, with an EU label grade B for wet grip and 3PMSF marking.