Bridgestone Americas announced the release of the new Bridgestone M704 all-position tire, designed to provide fleets optimal performance in wet weather conditions.
Engineered for regional pickup and delivery service applications, the Bridgestone M704 tire is uniquely suited for the steer and drive axle positions. Featuring a deep tread for long wear life and a tread pattern designed for excellent traction, the new Bridgestone M704 tire is tough enough to withstand the high-scrub environments that regional fleets encounter.
“Fleets that operate in the regional pickup and delivery service sector need tires that can handle the harsh conditions of city streets, especially in challenging weather conditions where traction is critical,” said Ben Johnson, director of marketing, truck and bus radial tires, U.S. and Canada, Bridgestone Americas Tire Operations (BATO). “The Bridgestone M704 tire is specially designed to tackle difficult hauling environments, delivering the performance and wear life that these fleets need to keep our country moving every day.”
Key features of the Bridgestone M704 tire include:
- Three-Peak Mountain Snowflake (3PMSF) certification for winter traction performance;
- Tread pattern edge design to promote wet traction;
- 20/32nds tread depth to promote long tread wear life;
- Wide flow-through tread grooves to effectively expel water and deliver solid wet traction;
- Block sipes in the tread pattern to slice through water and improve contact with the road
The new Bridgestone M704 tire for regional pickup and delivery service applications is now available in the U.S. and Canada in the 225/70R19.5 size with N speed rating. The tire is designed to pair with a Bandag retread to help fleets capitalize on the casings full performance potential.